The Twilight 5K Race is open to participants of all ages. The race will start at 6:00 pm, on Saturday, April 30th.
What past runners have said
I had a terrific time. This was my first sanctioned race, loved the flat course and going through old town. I will definitely be back next year!
Great course support, crowds were a blast and the route was very scenic!
Perfect everything. Easy to find whatever we need. Easy to get there, everything about it was well run
2022 Medals are TBA
The Twilight 5k Course
- Start on the Fairground Track, at the corner of the grandstand
- Run clockwise around the track
- Exit the fairgrounds at Gate 3, turning left onto Monroe Avenue
- Continue on Hughes Ford Road
- Turn left on Monacacy Blvd
- Tunaround on Monacacy Blvd just before Church St
- Continue back down Monacacy Blvd
- Turn right on Hughes Ford Road
- Continue on Monroe Avenue
- Enter the Fairgrounds at Gate 3
- Proceed clockwise around the track, finishing on the track in front of the grandstands
The Nitty Gritty
The following items are not permitted on the course: pets, skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, baby joggers and any other type of vehicle (other than official race vehicles). These regulations are for your safety and the safety of the other participants in the race. Corrigan Sports reserves the right to disqualify and remove anyone from the course who has any of the above items.
Packet pickup will be on Saturday, April 30th from 10:00am – 5:00pm at the Frederick Fairgrounds. All runners are required to pick up their bib race number and other important information during this time.
All premiums must be picked up before the expo ends at 5:00pm. Premiums will NOT be available after the race.
- All registered participants will receive bib numbers that must be worn on race day.
- Please fill in the necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number with a pen or waterproof marker.
- Please do not alter the bib in any way.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire race. Make sure your bib number is clearly visible for the race photographers.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registrant to whom it has been assigned.
- There will be no Bag Check for the 5K. We ask that all runners place their bags within their vehicles as most will be parked close by during Saturday’s race.
Trophy awards will be given to the top three male and female overall finishers. Age group awards will be awarded in the following categories: 16 & under 17-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+. All Age Group Awards will be mailed within a month after the event.
Disclaimer: We will not ship age group awards internationally
FREE RACE PHOTO FOR ALL RUNNERS PLUS THE CHANCE TO PURCHASE ADDITIONAL IMAGES AND CUSTOMIZABLE PHOTO PRODUCTS.
Each runner will enjoy a free web-sized digital download to show off your accomplishment online. MarathonFoto has earned its place as the premier name in race event photography with over 35 years of experience, a staff of over 150 professional photographers, and over 3,000 races and counting. Participants will also have the ability to purchase an assortment of high-resolution digital downloads and customizable photo products.
PHOTO TIPS: Be sure to wear your bib on the front to ensure the photographers capture your bib number in the photos and keep your race bib uncovered and in clear view. We recommend stopping your watch a few seconds after crossing the finish line so it may be possible to identify your photograph. Be sure to stop by the finisher’s photo station just after you cross the finish line to capture the moment!
Runners will be able to pick up their premium pre-race at the expo on Saturday, April 30th from 10am-5pm.
There will be NO race premium pick-up available after the 5K race on Saturday.