The Frederick Run Fest is ON!
THE FREDERICK RUN FEST IS ON!
We have received confirmation that our permit for the Frederick Running Festival has been approved for July 10-11! We are so excited to be able to offer a live race this year and we cannot wait to host you once again!
Our permit requires certain COVID mitigation steps. More details will be provided in the Runner Handbook to be released at a later date but in general, runners will be required to:
- Wear a mask and remain socially distanced in all gathering areas such as at packet pickup, before crossing the start line or after crossing the finish line.
- Have a mask in their possession while participating in the race and wear it when approaching groups of other runners along the course and while using a refill station.
- Carry their own water bottle during the race. We will offer refill stations (water only) along the route with touchless spouts.
In addition, the following policies will be implemented:
- Wave start with departure times based on your expected pace.
- No spectators will be permitted on the premises.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be strategically placed in and around the event facilities.
- Bottled water and bottled Gatorade along with limited pre-packaged snacks will be distributed post-race.
- Limited post-race festivities with no awards ceremony or live band.
Stay tuned for more specific details on procedures and policies. If you have questions or concerns please contact [email protected]. Barring a COVID spike and changes in health policies we can’t wait to run the streets of Frederick this summer!