Race Date Update and Options
JUNE 1 UPDATE
We realize we have not provided any race updates for the 2020 Frederick Running Festival in a while, so we want you to know what we’ve been doing since we last touched base.
Our intentions are still to conduct a live Frederick RunFest on our target date, July 25-26. During the past few weeks, Lee Corrigan and the staff at Corrigan Sports has been working diligently with Maryland Governor Larry Hogan’s Sports Advisory group to create new safety measures for large endurance events along with professional, amateur and youth athletics. It is an honor to serve in such a capacity and we thank the Governor for thinking highly enough of CSE to include Lee on this committee. The added insight will certainly help us when formulating our future plans.
Our philosophy remains to be as patient as possible. First and foremost, our first responders and local health officials remain engaged with their respective roles addressing the pandemic. Once we receive an official go ahead, we will publish the safety steps and precautions we will implement so you can make a personal decision about your participation. We know everyone has unique concerns. Our goal is to host a safe event where, with reasonable adjustments, most runners feel comfortable running in a public setting. AT NO TIME WILL WE EVER JEOPARDIZE RUNNER SAFETY.
Reminder of your current options:
- KEEP YOUR REGISTRATION (no action required): If you want to run on the rescheduled date in 2020 – there is nothing that you need to do on your end. Your registration will automatically be transferred to the new date.
- DEFER (action required): you can defer your race entry to 2021 (May 1-2). We have currently waived all fees. The deadline to defer is July 15. By choosing this option you will get to run in next year’s race for free, but forfeit receiving this year’s medal and premium
- RUN VIRTUALLY (action required): by now you are all too familiar with this term in the running industry! Choose your own route and run your own course. You will have the opportunity to post your results and you will receive this year’s premium and medal in the mail without incurring any postage charges. The deadline to switch to virtual is July 15. You can see who has already decided to run virtually by clicking the button below.
Thank you and please remain safe.
MAY 8 UPDATE:
Target Date: July 25-26,2020
In March we announced the Frederick Running Festival will be RESCHEDULED. While we’ve identified a date that would work for the Great Frederick Fairgrounds later this summer, other essential agencies and medical partners are understandably not available to review our contingency plans. We appreciate their heroic efforts as the frontline heroes protecting our community and loved ones. As of today, we still plan to host the Frederick Running Festival as a live event. Our current target dates are July 25-26, 2020.
We understand that some of you have already decided what action you would like to take regarding this year’s race. We also understand that without a confirmed reschedule date, some of you have not yet made your decision. With that in mind, we will be as flexible as possible to allow you make your decision whenever you are ready. We also have steps in place in case your decision changes as more information comes out.
At this time, we are offering current Frederick Running Festival registrants 3 options:
OPTION 1: KEEP YOUR REGISTRATION (NO ACTION REQUIRED)
- If you want to run on the rescheduled date in 2020 – there is nothing that you need to do on your end. Your registration will automatically be transferred to the new date!
OPTION 2: DEFER MY REGISTRATION (ACTION REQUIRED)
- If you cannot run on the new date, you can defer your entry until next year’s event to be held on May 1-2, 2021.
- We are waiving our normal deferral fees for the 2020 race. Once a new date is confirmed we will set a deferral deadline. This option is currently available online.
- To complete your deferral, follow these steps:
- Log into RunSignUp and go to your profile: https://runsignup.com/Profile
- Under the Upcoming Events section, click MANAGE REGISTRATION next to your Frederick Running Festival Registration
- Click the DEFER REGISTRATION tab
- Click the CONFIRM DEFERRAL button
- If you defer and later decide you want to run either virtually or live, please email [email protected] and we will assist with your change
- Here is a tutorial with more information on how to defer: https://bit.ly/3bgYXo6
OPTION 3: GO VIRTUAL! (ACTION REQUIRED)
- Take on our Virtual Challenge and transfer your 2020 race entry into a Virtual Run. You can run the distance you registered for on your own and we will ship your race shirt and medal.
- Packages WILL NOT BE MAILED UNTIL LATE JULY due to shipping timelines of the premiums that were adjusted when the pandemic first started. While we will do our best to ship them out in a timely fashion, do not expect to get your gear prior to Aug 1.
- To choose the virtual option, follow these steps:
- Log into RunSignup and go to your profile: https://runsignup.com/Profile
- Under the Upcoming Events section, click MANAGE REGISTRATION next to your Delaware Running Festival Registration
- Click ADD-ONS tab
- Select the GO VIRTUAL add-on and provide the mailing address to have your gear shipped
- Click Confirm Payment
- We will send a follow up email in the coming days to those who select this option with further instructions on submitting virtual times. We will set a deadline to complete your virtual run once the reschedule date is confirmed.
- If you select to run virtually but decide later to run live or defer, please email [email protected] and we will assist with your change.
Per our policy which every runner agrees to during the online registration process, CSE does not offer registration refunds.
• If you are part of a CHARITY GROUP runner or member of a CORPORATE WELLNESS TEAM, contact your group’s captain.
• If you are a King Crab participant and wondering how this impacts you, please visit HERE
• If you are a Big Freakin’ Deal participant and wondering how this impacts you, please visit HERE
• If you have previously deferred your entry, but now wish to participate in the VIRTUAL RUN or on the rescheduled date please email [email protected] and we will assist with your change.
• If you have previously deferred your entry to May 1-2, 2021, and that remains your desire, no action is required on your part.
It is our hope that these options will satisfy every runner. Our staff has worked diligently with city services and key vendors to avoid canceling this year’s running festival. The day is too important to the Frederick community and will continue to do everything within our means to make it still happen.
Please be safe.
Corrigan Sports | [email protected]
It was bittersweet, yet encouraging, to see so many runners participate virtually over the weekend. It reaffirmed we are still together while apart and finish lines will be in all of our futures again.
For those of you who are still waiting to run we appreciate your patience as we try to determine our make-up date for the 2020 Frederick Running Festival as Maryland and Frederick remain under quarantine in the battle against COVID-19.
While we’ve identified a date that would work for the Great Frederick Fairgrounds later this summer, other essential agencies and medical partners are understandably not available to review our contingency plans. We appreciate their heroic efforts as the frontline heroes protecting our community and loved ones. As of today, we still plan to run the Frederick Running Festival as a live event. Our current target dates are July 25-26, 2020.
We miss you! Stay safe, and we pledge to keep doing everything we can to be ready when restrictions are lifted. We will let you know as soon as we have official confirmation of our race date.
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER
Corrigan Sports sincerely wishes that each of our runners is hanging in there physically and emotionally through this process. The staff at CSE, while far apart in distance, remains close and continues to work on ways to assure the 2020 Frederick Running Festival is one of the best yet!
While we still do not have confirmation on our date, we know that the city service workers who make race day so seamless are doing their part to tackle the novel coronavirus and will confirm our race day as soon as they can. Thoughts, prayers and thanks go out to each person on the front lines of this crisis.
Earlier we announced we’ve had to postpone this event as a precautionary measure under CDC guidelines to combat the spread of the coronavirus.
We are confident we will be able to set a new date, and we are working diligently toward that goal. We are currently targeting July 25-26, but cannot make that official until we have all the proper sign offs.
In light of Governor Hogan’s executive order on March 23rd to close nonessential Maryland businesses, this task may prove to be more difficult to achieve in a timely fashion.
We fully support our governor, local medical networks, first responders, state and county agencies during this challenging time in our nation’s history. We appreciate your patience and understanding as they address bigger priorities.
We will get through this together.
As soon as we have a definitive new date or other helpful information, we will communicate it via our social media channels, website and email. Those wishing to defer until 2021 can do so HERE at no charge.
Thank you for your patience and please be safe.