LIVE RACING IS BACK!
OUR PERMIT HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR THE FREDERICK RUNNING FESTIVAL! We will host our live event on July 10-11 using the same start/finish area and course as we traditionally use at the Great Frederick Fairgrounds.
MAY 15 UPDATE: With the Governor’s announcement that those fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear masks or socially distance, we are hopeful that we can update our mitigation policies on masks, spectators and post-race gathering. We are currently checking with the local health officials to see what this state-wide guideline means for our event. We will report back as soon as we have more information. In the meantime, please consider registering if you have not already. And please get vaccinated so that we can all resume racing!
Currently our permit requires us to implement certain COVID mitigation steps. However, as things continue to improve, we will work with the city to update those policies. Here are a few things to know:
- Masks ARE NOT required to be worn on the course. We do ask that you carry one and use them at the water refill stations and if you encounter a large group of runners for an extended period. (Passing a group without a mask is fine.)
- Masks ARE required in common areas such as at packet pickup, pre-race corrals and during all post-race activities.
- Harpoon Brewery will be on site and will provide each finisher with one cold beer to celebrate your accomplishment. (Must be 21 or over and show your ID).
- Spectators are currently not permitted on the fairground premises or at the start line along Patrick St. However there are 13 miles on the route where fans can socially distance and cheer their loved ones. We are hopeful that this policy can be updated prior to race day.
- The race start time has been moved to 6:30am to allow for our wave start. Individual start times will be based on the number of participants and their pace. These will be released race week. Our plan is to get as many runners across the line as quickly as possible keeping within our permitted levels.
- The average temperature in Frederick on July 11 is 64° at 6:30am and 78° at 10am.
- We will release more specific details as we approach race day.
Rest assured that Corrigan Sports will conduct an enjoyable, safe and entertaining race experience based within the limits that are required by the city. We are so excited to be hosting live races again!