Frederick Running Festival Status Update

 In Uncategorized

Updated: March 19, 2021


Yesterday, we were informed by the City of Frederick that they will not make any decisions on the live running of the Frederick Running Festival until after early April.

Local authorities have pledged to continue to monitor key COVID metrics and permit us to run live if indicators and statistics allow us to safely host our event on May 1-2.

We remain hopeful that our application and proposed mitigation steps will be recognized as a viable option for hosting a live event the first week in May.  We know that those who have registered for the live event did so because you want to run!  We are committed to waiting as long as we can to achieve this outcome for our loyal participants.

Hang in there with us!  If you have questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected] 


Updated: March 3, 2021

As spring quickly approaches, we are all anxious to return to in-person running events. We are encouraged by local trends such as the steady decline in Maryland’s coronavirus positivity rate as well as the weekly increase in both local and national vaccine distribution efforts.

We have had discussions with key groups to present our additional mitigation steps to comply with COVID-19 guidelines for a safe outdoor event. For example, one proposed major adjustment includes the introduction of wave starts to promote socially distanced participation while on the course.

We remain hopeful that we will be permitted to run live but still do not have the necessary confirmations from the city. That said, we are determined to stay the course. We’ll provide immediate updates of the festival’s permit application status as soon as decisions are made by key parties. Thank you for your patience and support of the Frederick Running Festival.

Recent Posts