Race Day Travel Information
Frederick Running Festival Street Closures
The following streets will be closed during the noted times. All other streets on the marathon course will be open to traffic, although lane use will be limited. Police will be stationed at all intersections and will be directing traffic when it is appropriate for vehicles to cross the race route. PLEASE OBEY ALL POLICE INSTRUCTION!
- East Patrick Street between East and Franklin Streets (5:45am – 7:30am)
- Market St from Monocacy Blvd to 6th Street (6:45am – 8am)
- 6th St from Market to Bentz (7am – 8:15am)
- Bentz St. from 6th to Carroll Parkway (7am – 8:30am)
- Carroll Parkway from Bentz to Kline including Frederick HS (7:15 -8:45am)
- Kline St from Carroll Parkway to Fairview Ave. (7:15am – 8:35am)
- Sharpe’s Lane (7:30am - 9:15am)
Directions to The Frederick Fairgrounds
I-70 west to Frederick. Take exit 56 (East Patrick St.). Stay straight and follow signs and police direction to parking.
From Washington DC:
I-270 North to exit 32, I-70 east to Baltimore. Follow I-70E to SouthSt., exit 55. At the end of the ramp turn right; go to three-way stop, turn right onto Franklin St., and follow signs and police direction to parking.
I-70 east to East South St., exit 55. At the end of the ramp turn right; go to three-way stop, turn right onto Franklin St., and follow signs and police direction to parking. OR I-70 east to exit 56 (East Patrick St.). Make a right at the end of the ramp and follow straight and follow signs and police direction to parking.
From Gettysburg, PA:
Route 15 South to Frederick, use I-70 east exit. Take to East South St., exit 55. At the end of the ramp turn right; to to three-way stop, turn right on Franklin St. and follow signs and police direction to parking.
PARKING ON RACE DAY WILL BE AT THE FREDERICK FAIRGROUNDS AND SURROUNDING LOTS. ALL LOTS ARE ADJACENT TO THE FAIRGROUNDS. PLEASE FOLLOW SIGNS AND THE POLICE AND ATTENDANTS DIRECTIONS TO ASSURE SMOOTH TRAFFIC FLOW.
Parking on Race Day
There are over 4,000 parking spots at the fairgrounds and surrounding lots but with the number of people all arriving for the race at basically the same time, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
1) KNOW YOUR ROUTE- Coming to the expo will expose you to the lay of the land and the roads to get you there. Be sure to take a look around while you are there to familiarize yourself with the area. .
2) OBEY INSTRUCTIONS - We will have a professional parking crew there to direct traffic and get you parked in a orderly and quick fashion. Lots will open on a rolling basis as needed to assure that everyone parks in a proper spot.
3) DO NOT PARK ON PAVED ROADWAYS WITHIN THE FAIRGROUNDS – Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you park on a paved roadway with the fairgrounds. These are designated Fire Lanes and some of them are used on the race route. You will be towed.
3) ARRIVE EARLY – Everyone is going to the same place at the same time. Don’t add additional anxiety to your race morning by running late. Road Closures start at 5:45am so you should be there before you are affected by these.