The Twilight 5K will start and end at the Frederick Fairgrounds. The course will include one water stop at mile 1.5
The Twilight 5k Course
- Start on the Fairground Track, at the corner of the grandstand
- Run clockwise around the track
- Exit the fairgrounds at Gate 3, turning left onto Monroe Avenue
- Continue on Hughes Ford Road
- Turn left on Monacacy Blvd
- Tunaround on Monacacy Blvd just before Church St
- Continue back down Monacacy Blvd
- Turn right on Hughes Ford Road
- Continue on Monroe Avenue
- Enter the Fairgrounds at Gate 3
- Proceed clockwise around the track, finishing on the track in front of the grandstands
The Nitty Gritty
The following items are not permitted on the course: pets, skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, baby joggers and any other type of vehicle (other than official race vehicles). These regulations are for your safety and the safety of the other participants in the race. Corrigan Sports reserves the right to disqualify and remove anyone from the course who has any of the above items.
Packet pickup will be on Saturday, May 6th from 10:00am - 5:00pm at the Frederick Fairgrounds. All runners are required to pick up their bib race number and other important information during this time. All premiums must be picked up before the 5K starts (at 6pm).
- All registered participants will receive bib numbers that must be worn on race day.
- Please fill in the necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number with a pen or waterproof marker.
- Please do not alter the bib in any way.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire race. Make sure your bib number is clearly visible for the race photographers.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registrant to whom it has been assigned.
- There will be no Bag Check for the 5K. We ask that all runners place their bags within their vehicles as most will be parked close by during Saturday’s race day.
Trophy awards will be given to the top three male and female overall finishers. Gift certificates will be given to the top male and female finishers in each 5-year age group from 10 & under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & over. All Age Group Awards will be mailed.
Runners will be able to pick up their premium pre-race at the expo on Saturday, May 6th until 6pm.